Today is Sunday 23.06.2024   The time is 08:43

How we can help

Main Structure
We are normally responsible for the maintenance of the main structure of the building (the external walls, roof and foundations), unless otherwise contracted, as well as shared areas such as halls, stairways and gardens.

If an emergency repair is needed please contact our office immediately.
If the emergency is outside normal office hours you may ask a local tradesman to carry out the work.
Provided the repair is to the main fabric of the building or a common area and you have kept copies of all quotations and invoices, you will be reimbursed for the reasonable costs incurred.

Minor repairs
These are usually carried out by a local contractor as soon as it is practical to do so.

Occasionally we are asked by residents to carry out work that is not within the management agreement, such as improvements. When this happens, we need all of the residents in the building to agree to the work since they will be asked to share the cost.
We will normally arrange a site meeting before the commencement of such work.

Major works
This will become necessary from time to time, or may be stipulated under the terms of the lease. For example, the exterior of your building and its communal areas may be scheduled for re-painting every 3 or 5 years. Where the cost of any work is likely to be more than £250 per apartment we will usually ask a surveyor to draw up a specification of works and seek tenders from approved contractors. We will usually obtain at least two competitive quotations and send you details, as required by the Landlord and Tenants Act.

Health and Safety
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations requires that all blocks of flats must have a risk assessment carried out for health and safety of the common parts. WFM will arrange for specialist consultants to carry out this assessment which will, if applicable, cover other areas such as Fire Safety, Working at Heights, Electrical Equipment Safety, Legionella, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health, Asbestos and other statutory obligations.

The responsibility to insure the building normally rests with the freeholder, resident management company or leaseholder depending on the terms of the lease relating to the property. Comprehensive buildings insurance policies will cover damage caused by storm, fire and flood, normally subsidence and a number of other perils. WFM will assist in providing you the most comprehensive policy and quotation to best suit the needs of your particular development.